Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blessed

I feel blessed to have so many great friends. this isnt just a 'friendship day realization'. i have always been lucky to have the nicest friends and perhaps that is why my life is so beautiful today. my friends are my true lifeline and i just dont know what i'd ever do without them.

i've also been one of the few very lucky ones to have had one best friend since the time i was 7. i know of a lot of people who've had like 10 best friends...each at a different stage of life and then forgotten about! i also know of best friends who used to be close once upon a time but only stay in touch via emails now. there really r very few people like me who have had that one best friend for 19 years, with whom the equation hasnt changed one bit! what i would ever do without her!

while i have one best friend, i have some very very close friends too. they are equally important to me. but at this point i must mention why i feel so blessed today. there are not one, but three people who consider me to be their best friends. a best friend is a prized title and i feel so fortunate to have three of those! the other day someone asked me what my talent was and i said it was being a good friend. i think thats true, for a friend is someone who comforts u and is there for u. and that, i surely am! i am so happy that i can make these wonderful people feel special and love them the way they love me.

so here's to friendship, friends and JOY!

No comments: